** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Wily)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Wily)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Tim Gardner (timg-tpi)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Vivid)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Tim Gardner (timg-tpi)

  [EEH] Recursive fenced PHB during EEH recovery on Broadcom Shiner
  adapter

Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Wily:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Xenial:

  ---Problem Description---
  Recursive PHB error from EEH recovery on Shiner adapter

  ---uname output---
  Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (3.19.0-30)

  Machine Type = Firestone

  ---Steps to Reproduce---
   When injecting EEH error (frozen PE) to BCM57800 on ubuntu 14.04.3, the EEH
error is recovered automatically. However I saw recursive fenced PHB error
during the recovery, which isn't the expected behaviour. After checking the
ubuntu's kernel source repository, I found one patch, which as merged to
powerpc/next branch recently, is missed as below. This bug is opened to
tracking the backporting. Please help to mirror to Canonical accordingly,
thanks!

  This bug was opened to track the backporting (as below) to ubuntu's distro.
Please help mirrored to Cacinonical accordingly.

  https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-
  next.git/commit/?id=353169acf1858bb2dc3f91475dafabce547de14c     which
  reads "powerpc/eeh: Fix recursive fenced PHB on Broadcom shiner
  adapter"