So, is this problem already resolved in Wily or is Xenial the first
formal release that will not exhibit the problem?

  IPV6 fragmentation and mtu issue

Status in neutron:
  Confirmed
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Vivid:

  Fragmented IPv6 packets are REJECTED by ip6tables on compute nodes.
  The traffic is goign through an intra-VM network and the packet loss
  is hurting the system.

  There is a patch for this issue:
  http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/434957/

  I would like to know is there any bug report or official release date
  for this issue ?

  This is pretty critical for my deployment.

  Thanks in advance,

  BR,

  Gyula