** Description changed:

  I am using a nVidia Graphics with default drivers and I am unable to
  wake up my system without it being crashed with garbage on the screen.

  This happens in LiveCD mode or installed and all versions of
  Kubuntu/Ubuntu/Gbunutu that I have tested, all of them are the same
  result. This has stopped moving to Linux when I need it most (Windows
  8/8.1 is terrible) I had reported that I thought it was due to dual
  graphics (Switchable) but I've disabled the intel graphics in BIOS and
  the problem persisted. I think this is a Kernel level problem or perhaps
  xOrg related. I can offer no other information as the only thing I can
  do is reboot the system and disable sleep entirely.

- WORKAROUND: Use nvidia drivers in 13.10.
+ -EDIT's-

- WORKAROUND: Using nouveau:
+ * This bug affects all distro's using the same (Above April 2012) kernel
+ versions, all buntu versions, Fedora, SUSE and Mint (these are the only
+ ones I've tested for this bug).
+
+ WORKAROUND: Use nvidia drivers in 13.10 (Only tested with the Ubuntu
+ distribution).
+
+ WORKAROUND: Using nouveau (This worked for 12.04 and less in my testing on
the same hardware reported in initial bug, it doesn't fix the graphical bug in
13.04 or 13.10, this may be an unrelated workaround):
  # Be root
  sudo su

  # Edit this file
  vim /etc/pm/sleep.d/05_xhci

  Here is the content of this file
  ------------------------
  #!/bin/sh
  # Fix some issues with USB3

  if [ "$1" = "suspend" ]
  then
          modprobe -r xhci_hcd
  fi

  if [ "$1" = "resume" ]
  then
          modprobe xhci_hcd
  fi
  ---------------

  # Change access right (not sure it's necessary)
  chmod 755 /etc/pm/sleep.d/05_xhci

  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  ubuntu     6220 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperVersion: 1.331
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04
  LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64 (20130424)
  MachineType: System manufacturer System Product Name
  MarkForUpload: True
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcFB: 0 nouveaufb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: bootkbd=us console-setup/layoutcode=en_US
console-setup/variantcode=nodeadkeys locale=us_us  persistent noprompt
cdrom-detect/try-usb=true file=/cdrom/preseed/username.seed boot=casper
initrd=/casper/initrd.lz splash --
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-3.8.0-19-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-3.8.0-19-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.106
  RfKill:
   0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no
  Tags:  raring
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  dmi.bios.date: 11/09/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 3603
  dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
  dmi.board.name: MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr3603:bd11/09/2012:svnSystemmanufacturer:pnSystemProductName:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKComputerINC.:rnMAXIMUSIVGENE-Z/GEN3:rvrRev1.xx:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.name: System Product Name
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: System manufacturer

  10de:1244 [Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z] Nouveau Sleep/Wake problem in
  Ubuntu 13.04+

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using a nVidia Graphics with default drivers and I am unable to
  wake up my system without it being crashed with garbage on the screen.

  This happens in LiveCD mode or installed and all versions of
  Kubuntu/Ubuntu/Gbunutu that I have tested, all of them are the same
  result. This has stopped moving to Linux when I need it most (Windows
  8/8.1 is terrible) I had reported that I thought it was due to dual
  graphics (Switchable) but I've disabled the intel graphics in BIOS and
  the problem persisted. I think this is a Kernel level problem or
  perhaps xOrg related. I can offer no other information as the only
  thing I can do is reboot the system and disable sleep entirely.

  -EDIT's-