I'd like to perform a bisect to figure out what commit caused this
regression. We need to identify the earliest kernel where the issue
started happening as well as the latest kernel that did not have this
issue.

Can you test the following kernels and report back? We are looking for
the first kernel version that exhibits this bug:

3.16: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.16-utopic/
3.19: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.19-vivid/
4.2: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.2-wily/

You don't have to test every kernel, just up until the kernel that first
has this bug.

Once we know the results of those kernels, we can narrow it down
further.

Thanks in advance!

** Tags added: performing-bisect

  memory_stress_ng failing for IBM Power S812LC(TN71-BP012) for 16.04

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  memory_stress_ng, as part of server certification is failing for IBM
  Power S812LC(TN71-BP012) in bare metal mode. Failing in this case is
  defined by the test locking up the server in an unrecoverable state
  which only a reboot will fix.

  I will be attaching screen and kern logs for the failures and a
  successful run on 14.04 on the same server.