I can confirm this bug on Dell Vostro 14-5459 with Ubuntu Desktop 14.04
LTS and 16.04 LTS. When using a touchpad as mouse, mouse pointer stuck
randomly and can be activated only with clicking on left button (mouse
is configured for operation in right hand mode). Occasionally touchpad
also "left clicks" at random spots which is very annoying.

  Touchpad stop working, it get stuck until I press alt+f1/alt+f7 on
  Asus UX501+Kubuntu15.10

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:

  I am using an Asus UX501 and Kubuntu 15.10 , the touchpad randomly stop
working  : it get stuck and it becomes impossible to move the cursor or use the
left/right click.

  I have to hit "alt+f1" and then "alt+f7" to be able to use the touchpad
again, for a few seconds...

  uname -a : Linux zenbook-pro 4.2.0-27-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan
  22 04:49:08 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Version of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics : 1.8.2-1ubuntu1