** Also affects: android (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: android (Ubuntu Lucid)

** Changed in: android (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Dmitrijs Ledkovs (xnox)

** Changed in: android (Ubuntu)
    Milestone: None => ubuntu-13.10

  versatile: Can't boot initramfses

Status in “android” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “qemu-kvm” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “android” source package in Lucid:
  Won't Fix
Status in “linux” source package in Lucid:
  Fix Released
Status in “qemu-kvm” source package in Lucid:

  Hi

  On versatile, I can't boot initramfses:
  [    1.838592] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
  [    1.846490] rootfs image is not initramfs (junk in compressed archive);
looks like an initrd
  [...]
  [    5.245581] RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
  [...]
  [    5.271581] No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 ext4 fuseblk

  There are two distinct problems:
  - for an unknown reason, the initramfs code can't open the initramfs; this is
under qemu, so perhaps a qemu bug?
  - the initrd code can't open the initramfs either because CONFIG_CRAMFS=m and
not =y

  Also, the RAMDISK_SIZE is a bit small for our initrds which are 11 MBs
  unpacked or so.

  I'd appreciate some help in figuring out the first issue, but in any
  case we should set the other two configs.

  Thanks,