Thanks for the patch!  I've uploaded to yakkety, this bug should
autoclose.

Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.

  ZFS pools should be automatically scrubbed

Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  mdadm automatically checks MD arrays. ZFS should automatically scrub
  pools too. Scrubbing a pool allows ZFS to detect on-disk corruption
  and (when the pool has redundancy) correct it. Note that ZFS does not
  blindly assume the other copy is correct; it will only overwrite bad
  data with data that is known to be good (i.e. it passes the checksum).

  I've attached a debdiff which accomplishes this. It builds and
  installs cleanly.

  The meat of it is the scrub script I've been using on production
  systems, both servers and laptops, and recommending in my Ubuntu root-
  on-ZFS HOWTO, for years, which scrubs all *healthy* pools. If a pool
  is not healthy, scrubbing it is bad for two reasons: 1) It adds a lot
  of disk load which could theoretically lead to another failure. We
  should save that disk load for resilvering. 2) Performance is already
  less on a degraded pool and scrubbing can make that worse, even though
  scrubs are throttled. Arguably, I might be being too conservative
  here, but the marginal benefit of scrubbing a *degraded* pool is
  pretty minimal as pools should not be left degraded for very long.

  The cron.d in this patch scrubs on the second Sunday of the month.
  mdadm scrubs on the first Sunday of the month. This way, if a system
  has both MD and ZFS pools, the load doesn't all happen at the same
  time. If the system doesn't have both types, it shouldn't really
  matter which week. If you'd rather make it the same week as MD, I see
  no problem with that.