This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
xenial' to 'verification-done-xenial'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-xenial

  Ubuntu 16.04 - Full EEH Recovery Support for NVMe devices

Status in linux source package in Xenial:

  == Comment: #0 - Heitor Ricardo Alves de Siqueira <heit...@br.ibm.com> -
2016-07-12 12:54:27 ==
  Current nvme driver in Ubuntu 16.04 kernel does not handle error recovery; we
are missing some patches from the upstream nvme driver.

  We would like to ask Canonical to cherry pick the following patches for the
16.04 kernel, if possible:
      * 9396dec916c0 ("nvme: use a work item to submit async event requests")
      * 79f2b358c9ba ("nvme: don't poll the CQ from the kthread")
      * 2d55cd5f511d ("nvme: replace the kthread with a per-device watchdog
timer")
      * 9bf2b972afea ("NVMe: Fix reset/remove race")
      * c875a7093f04 ("nvme: Avoid reset work on watchdog timer function during
error recovery")
      * a5229050b69c ("NVMe: Always use MSI/MSI-x interrupts")