** Tags added: patch

  4.6.0-11.13 from ckt PPA fails to boot on X-Gene

  The 4.6.0-11.13 kernel currently in the ckt ppa fails to boot on
  X-Gene systems, such as the Mustang board. Even with earlycon enabled,
  there is no output from the kernel on the console (see the attached
  console log). The same kernel boots fine on other arm64 systems - this
  appears to be X-Gene specific.

  A defconfig build boots fine on the same system - so I bisected down
  the relevant config change. The results were unexpected, but
  CONFIG_ARCH_ROCKCHIP=y appears to be required for X-Gene to boot.

  Digging down deeper, I found that the following 2 specific configs are
  required (I had to do hack Kconfigs to make them selectable
  independent of CONFIG_ARCH_ROCKCHIP):

  CONFIG_PINCTRL_ROCKCHIP=y
  CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_TIMER=y

  Both of which are drivers that do not bind to devices on X-Gene.