Hi guys,

sound doesn't work on my asus V1J laptop. I tried change
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf and set:

options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=3stack

then i tried: options snd-hda-intel power_save=10
power_save_controller=N position_fix=1 model=3stack

as described there (find V1J keyword):
https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/audio_intel_hda

after that i tried these models:
model=laptop
model=laptop-imic
model=epad
model=auto

In year 2007, model=3stack works for me (I was running gentoo).

my sound card chipset: AD1986A

lspci:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 02)

I think, that there is problem in acpi, because model 3stack works for
me some years before.

I tried config grub and boot options:
acpi=off -> doesn't help
acpi=on -> doesn't help
acpi=noirq -> doesn't help

In year 2007, there was an article - How to install debian on ASUS V1J:
http://sgxris.blogspot.cz/2007/03/install-debian-unstable-on-asus.html

There is written, that sound will work, after I will install
http://acpi4asus.sourceforge.net/.
But these drivers are included in kernel since 2.6.19 - so I does not need
compile acpi4asus. But in 2007 it helped for me.

user@asus-v1j:~$ aplay -l
**** Seznam PLAYBACK Hardwarových zařízení ****
karta 0: Intel [HDA Intel], zařízení 0: AD1986A Analog [AD1986A Analog]
  Podzařízení: 1/1
  Podzařízení #0: subdevice #0
karta 0: Intel [HDA Intel], zařízení 1: AD1986A Digital [AD1986A Digital]
  Podzařízení: 1/1
  Podzařízení #0: subdevice #0
karta 0: Intel [HDA Intel], zařízení 6: Si3054 Modem [Si3054 Modem]
  Podzařízení: 1/1
  Podzařízení #0: subdevice #0

I have no idea, how to repair my sound in Ubuntu.

Do you have any idea?

** Tags: alsa asus laptop snd-hda-intel sound
--
sound doesn't work - ubnt 16.04.1, asus laptop, snd-hda-intel
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1620027