apport information

** Attachment added: "ProcEnviron.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1619777/+attachment/4737481/+files/ProcEnviron.txt

  resume from suspend not working with 980 Ti, drivers 352 - 370,
  kernels 3.16 - 4.4

  I have a system built on Asus z170m-plus with an EVGA 980 ti hybrid.
  The system boots without any (to me visible) problems.
  It was built with the purpose of GPU computing, and does not show any
problems under load.
  It crashes maybe 50% of the times when resuming from suspend.
  When crashing on resume, the screen turns on but stays black.
  ssh into the machine often, but not always, work, and shows an Xorg process
at 100% cpu.

  I have run both Linux Mint 17.3 and Fedora on it with kernels from 3.x up to
4.4 and cycled through Nvidia drivers 350.xx to 370 and still see this problem.
  I can't try nouveau as the card is not supported there yet.

  If I don't let the machine suspend, I have not seen this problem.
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: X-Cinnamon
  DistroRelease: Linux 18
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=6edbe496-fd51-476e-abfa-5b4cf903421c
  InstallationMedia: Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Release amd64 20160628
  IwConfig:
   lo        no wireless extensions.

   enp0s31f6  no wireless extensions.
  MachineType: System manufacturer System Product Name
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 EFI VGA
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/vmlinuz-4.4.0-36-generic
root=/dev/mapper/mint--vg-root ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-36-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-36-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.157.3
  RfKill:
   2: hci0: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
  Tags:  sarah
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 06/20/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 1805
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: Z170M-PLUS
  dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  dmi.board.version: Rev X.0x
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr1805:bd06/20/2016:svnSystemmanufacturer:pnSystemProductName:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnZ170M-PLUS:rvrRevX.0x:cvnDefaultstring:ct3:cvrDefaultstring:
  dmi.product.name: System Product Name
  dmi.product.version: System Version
  dmi.sys.vendor: System manufacturer