Sorry, i made a mistake in my last comment. The side speakers are outputting
the front channel too! Thats why im not hearing the test tracks for the side
speakers at all.
So the soundcard is outputting the front stream on the side channel as well.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  System does not detected Creative SB1550 corectly

  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS AMD64 does not detects Creative SB1550 PCI-E sound card.
  This card is not old, I've bought it recently.

  http://en.europe.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-audigy-rx

  "The Audigy 5/Rx is essentially an Audigy 4 behind a PLX PCIe-
  bridge with an additional TOSLINK output."

  lspci -v:
  02:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2 Value
          Subsystem: Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2 Value
          I/O ports at e000 [size=64]
          Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
          Kernel driver in use: snd_emu10k1
          Kernel modules: snd_emu10k1

  lspci -vn:
  02:00.0 0401: 1102:0008
          Subsystem: 1102:1024
          I/O ports at e000 [size=64]
          Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
          Kernel driver in use: snd_emu10k1
          Kernel modules: snd_emu10k1

  dmesg:
  snd_emu10k1 0000:02:00.0: Audigy2 value: Special config.

  I've installed all ^alsa-* packages like utils,firmware, etc.
  I've found the "SB1550" string in a
/lib/modules/4.4.0-22-generic/kernel/sound/pci/emu10k1/snd-emu10k1.ko module...

  There is some links:

http://www.linux-hardware-guide.com/in/2014-08-26-creative-sound-blaster-audigy-rx-sb1550-7-1-sound-sound-card-pcie
  http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-March/089705.html