** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  I/O error after mpt2sas fault_state 0x265d

  After a write intensive operation (like dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile) an
  I/O error is issued and the filesystem is mounted read-only. Further
  read attempts from the storage result in more I/O errors.

  The RAID controller is a Dell/LSI SAS2008 FWVersion(06.00.00.00),
  ChipRevision(0x03), BiosVersion(07.07.00.00) managing just one RAID10
  array with four disks.

  The following kernels have been tried and gave the same problem:

  * linux-image-4.4.0-36-generic
  * linux-image-4.7.4-040704-generic
  * linux-image-4.8.0-040800rc7-generic

  All disks are clean when inspected with smartctl.