commit 0c1849a8c7af652c92ad0265a7ca5934fd773c69
Author: Heikki Krogerus <heikki.kroge...@linux.intel.com>
Date:   Thu Apr 21 15:43:40 2016 +0300

    usb: Add driver for UCSI

** Information type changed from Proprietary to Public

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: intel

  [Feature]USB Type-C Enabling for Broxton-P

Status in intel:

  With USB Type-C the OS needs to be able to switch the USB data role between
host mode and device mode. This is because USB Type-C connection will select
the role randomly.
  Our implementation will expose an "extcon" (external connector class) device
to the OS that can be used for the role switching. The USB Type-C ports on BXT
are controlled via UCSI (USB Type-C System Software Interface). We will
implement support for UCSI in this task. The UCSI will be implemented as a
"library" inside kernel. The actual UCSI device on BXT is ACPI enumerated
device, so we will implement driver for it. This driver will simply "register"
itself with the library that will do the rest. The "library" approach is used
because UCSI does not specify the actual bus (I2C, SPI, etc.) that is used to
interface with the Type-C ports. It only specifies the data structures. That
means that even though on BXT we have ACPI enumerate device for the UCSI
interface, on future platforms it may be something else like PCI enumerate
device

  UCSI is published in  http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io
  /universal-serial-bus/usb-type-c-ucsi-spec.html

  HW: Apollo Lake

  Scheduler:
  Kernel: 4.7