** Package changed: ubuntu => linux (Ubuntu)

  thousands of  kworker processes with 4.7.x and 4.8-rc* ppa kernel

  Starting with ppa kernel 4.7-rc5, we can observe thousands of kworker
  processes (as shown by "ps aux | grep -c kworker"). Because of this,
  system is sometimes not very responsive, or system load goes up to
  100, 200 and more.

  This can be easily reproduced by installing the kernel and booting it.

  Below a table showing the number of kworker processes right after
  boot:

  kernel version | kworker count after boot
  4.6.3             37
  4.6.4             47
  4.6.5             46
  4.6.6             49
  4.6.7             49
  4.7.0-rc1-yakkety     46
  4.7.0-rc2-yakkety     49
  4.7.0-rc3-yakkety    45
  4.7.0-rc4-yakkety    47
  4.7.0-rc5-yakkety    1592
  4.7.0-rc6-yakkety    1714
  4.7.0-rc7-yakkety     1955
  4.7.0             2088
  4.7.1             1222
  4.7.2             1699
  4.7.3           1446
  4.7.4             1781
  4.8-rc1     (not tested)
  4.8-rc2     2012
  4.8-rc3     1696
  4.8-rc4     1210
  4.8-rc5     1890
  4.8-rc6     1657
  4.8-rc7     1647

  As you can see, the issue started with ppa kernel 4.7.0-rc5

  I've tried to debug it and it looks it's some regression introduced in
  the config file.

  If we take config-4.7.0-040700rc4-generic (from
  http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.7-rc4-yakkety/linux-
  image-4.7.0-040700rc4-generic_4.7.0-040700rc4.201606201235_amd64.deb),
  and build any later kernel - we don't observe thousands of kworker
  processes.

  If we use the config from 4.7.0-rc5-yakkety and build any later
  kernel, it results in thousands of kworker processes.