** Attachment added: "Xorg.0.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1631753/+attachment/4758125/+files/Xorg.0.log

  Touchpad not detected

  After upgrade from kubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 the touchpad soon stopped
  working (meaning it even worked for some hours put then stopped). Now
  it is not detected anymore. It isn't listed when typing cat
  /proc/bus/input/devices.

  sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics + reboot didn't
  help.

  Following this page:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingTouchpadDetection#generalinfo I
  assume it's related to the linux kernel and I updated my kernel to
  4.5.0-040500-generic but that didn't change anything neither.

  Laptop model: Dell XPS 13 Ubuntu edition (Intel® Core™ i7-4500U (4 Mo de
mémoire cache, jusqu‘à 3 GHz))
  Touchpad manufacturer: Synaptics

  attached: /dmesg (I could add only one attachment!?)