Not sure if this helps, but I was having similar issues on my Dell
Precision 7510. I edited /etc/grub/default as listed in this link and it
is now working:

  Resume from suspend causes reboot, except if USB key is plugged in

  I have been struggling to find out how to get my Dell M3800 laptop using
Ubuntu 16.04 to resume from suspend. It goes into suspend with no errors in
/var/log/pm-suspend.log. But when resuming, it immediately reboots, with no
errors in /var/log/pm-suspend either.
  Suspend/resume works out of the box when using a Ubuntu 16.04 live CD, but
not when using the fresh installed 16.04 afterwards.

  1) Resume works perfectly when any USB key is plugged in.
  2) Enable "USB Wake support" in the BIOS.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :