This bug was fixed in the package zfs-linux - 0.6.5.6-0ubuntu14
zfs-linux (0.6.5.6-0ubuntu14) xenial; urgency=medium
* Fix zfs services to fail on first boot due to zfs services starting up
before /etc/mtab has a chance to be symlinked to /proc/mounts. (LP:
(upstream commit 792517389fad5c495a2738b61c2e9c65dedaaa9a)
* Symlink utilities in /usr/sbin to remove suffix as per policy 10.4 Scripts
Users can rely on the new names, but relying on the old names won't break
-- Eric Desrochers <eric.desroch...@canonical.com> Tue, 04 Oct 2016
** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu Xenial)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.
python utilities script suffix (.py) should be removed as per Policy
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
Status in zfs-linux source package in Xenial:
The zfs utilities scripts shipped with debian and ubuntu such as :
* arc_summary.py : Provides a summary of the statistics
* arcstat.py : Print out ZFS ARC Statistics exported via kstat(1)
* dbufstat.py : Print out statistics for all cached dmu buffers
should be renamed according to Policy 10.4 :
"When scripts are installed into a directory in the system PATH, the
script name should not include an extension such as .sh or .pl that
denotes the scripting language currently used to implement it."
Ideally, this should be fixed and upstreamed to Debian (or to zfslinux
upstream) as well.
* Install zfsutils-linux
* List files
$ dpkg -L zfsutils-linux | egrep "arc|dbufstat"
* none expected, this is a trivial change that simply rename the
scripts to remove the extension (.py) with a simple 'mv' before the
dh_install invocation in order to get this expected result :
$ dpkg -L zfsutils-linux | egrep -i "arc|dbuf"
Yakkety include the renaming as shown above.
Xenial will have a symlink to not break user experience until next release
So user will be able to use both for instance : arcstat.py or arcstat
* Justification/argument for Xenial
* Debian bug
* Upstream (ZoL) is reluctant to change it at upstream code level.
* This has been flag by Adam Conrad
* Debian policy
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp