Dear Ubuntu developers!

Please apply SUSE's patch on kernels in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS,
16.04 LTS, 16.10 -
source/commit/?id=43e64619bd7eeb1f3d287e8faffc16ed3c1f2a2b .

** Also affects: linux-meta (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: precise trusty xenial

** Tags removed: i386

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-meta in Ubuntu.

  Automatic remount of safely removed usb 3.0 drive

Status in Nautilus:
Status in thunar:
Status in linux-meta package in Ubuntu:
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
Status in thunar package in Ubuntu:
Status in udev package in Ubuntu:
Status in Fedora:
Status in openSUSE:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: nautilus

  When I choose "Safely remove drive" context menu entry for an external
  USB drive within a nautilus window or directly clicking on the desktop
  icon, after about 10 seconds the drive is automatically remounted and
  a Nautilus window showing the root folder opens.

  I have noticed that similar already happened with a very old Ubuntu
  version - Bug #110589 and as that is so long time ago I thought it is
  better to open a new bug. Reason of the problem might even be
  completely different.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
  Package: nautilus 1:
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-generic-pae
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic-pae i686
  Architecture: i386