Checks with DPDK waiting until a matching Kernel is available -
incomplete until then.

Status in dpdk package in Ubuntu:

  for certain cases a user might want to use VFIO in NO IOMMU mode.
  This only enables it to be an option, it doesn't change things unless
"enable_unsafe_noiommu_mode" is set. See this reference: for more details.

  This is used for some setups of DPDK see this http://dpdk-

  Usually the reason to pick vfio over uio is the isolation. But there
  are some cases where vfio is required for extra features but can't
  work unless NO-IOMMU mode is used.

  I watched the topic a while checking if there is some major "oh crap
  what have we done" but there was none. An since by only enabling it in
  the kernel it shouldn't change a lot I wanted to ask if you could
  enable this config in the kernel for Z*.

  Technically it would be nice to get it in Yakkety as well, but I think
  we should be fine only working forward and enabling it in the Z

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :