Attached the lsmod info as requested.

** Attachment added: "lsmod.log"

  kernel panic on resume from suspend with 4.4.0 kernels

  My laptop repeatedly kernel panics after a botched "return from
  suspend" in my Samsung 900X laptop using (K)ubuntu 16.04.

  Booting into 4.2.0-38-generic kernel seems to work fine.

  Up until this point 4.2 and four different 4.4 kernels functioned
  properly 90% of the time. Even then, roughly one-in-ten 'resumes from
  suspend' would panic, usually with blinking caps-lock LED. Cold-
  shutdown and restart would bring the system back up with little to no
  issue. This time was different, not sure why.

  Going through DebuggingKernelSuspend

  DID THIS: Shutting the lid of your laptop, which is set to suspend on close.
  DID THIS: Pressed the power button
  GOT THIS: kernel panic-- no blinking caps lock, just a single unblinking
half-cursor at the top-left of the screen

  cat's of appropriate files are attached. If more is needed I am more than
happy to oblige.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :