Yuhua Zou, I am closing this report because the bug has been fixed in
the latest development version of Ubuntu.

This is a significant bug in Ubuntu. If you need a fix for the bug in
previous versions of Ubuntu, please perform as much as possible of the
SRU Procedure [1] to bring the need to a developer's attention.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Failed to boot when install ubuntu16.04 beta2 desktop64 with EFI boot
  in Vmware ESXi

  I insatlled Ubuntu16.04 beta2 desktop (64bit) with EFI boot on VMware
  ESXi 6.0.0 build 2494585, ESXi 5.5.0 build 3029944, and the on-going
  develop branch vsphere2016. When finish installation and reboot, I
  notice this on boot:

  /dev/sda2: recovering journal
  /dev/sda2: clean, 184027/950272 files, 1023281/3801088 blocks

  And then it hangs right there. It happens every time I reboot the VM.

  WORKAROUND: Change boot mode from EFI to BIOS.