This bug was fixed in the package linux - 4.4.0-47.68

---------------
linux (4.4.0-47.68) xenial; urgency=low

  [ Kamal Mostafa ]

  * Release Tracking Bug
    - LP: #1636941

  * Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA) (LP: #1635721)
    - lib/bitmap.c: conversion routines to/from u32 array
    - net: ethtool: add new ETHTOOL_xLINKSETTINGS API
    - net: ena: Add a driver for Amazon Elastic Network Adapters (ENA)
    - [config] enable CONFIG_ENA_ETHERNET=m (Amazon ENA driver)

  * unexpectedly large memory usage of mounted snaps (LP: #1636847)
    - [Config] switch squashfs to single threaded decode

 -- Kamal Mostafa <ka...@canonical.com>  Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:47:55 -0700

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

  AES-XTS poor performance in Ubuntu 16.04

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:

  == Comment: #0 - Paulo Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmor...@br.ibm.com> - 2016-07-21
09:57:49 ==
  ---Problem Description---

  Pre-sales customer observed slow performance of XTS using our system,
  multiple times slower then Haswell. We work to support it on VMX and
  managed to increase the performance by 20 times.

  ---uname output---
  N/A

  ---Additional Hardware Info---
  N/A

  Machine Type = P8

  ---Debugger---
  A debugger is not configured

  ---Steps to Reproduce---
   N/A

  Contact Information = Paulo Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmor...@br.ibm.com>

  Stack trace output:
   no

  Oops output:
   no

  System Dump Info:
    The system is not configured to capture a system dump.

  *Additional Instructions for Paulo Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmor...@br.ibm.com>:
  -Post a private note with access information to the machine that the bug is
occuring on.
  -Attach sysctl -a output output to the bug.

  == Comment: #1 - Paulo Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmor...@br.ibm.com> - 2016-07-21
10:02:19 ==
  The necessary patches:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/herbert/cryptodev-2.6.git/commit/?id=11c6e16ee13ab68b8ff04c17ab41611a4fcc5c81