------- Comment From gpicc...@br.ibm.com 2016-11-09 16:40 EDT-------
Perfect, thanks!

So, let's close this bug.

  i40e/setting some ethtool features and remove module right after
  (modprobe -r) lead to crash in systems with more than 127 CPUs

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:

  On systems with more than 127 online CPUs, all interrupt vectors on
  i40e driver are allocated to tx/rx queues and some features, like Flow
  Director SideBand (FD_SB), are kept disabled.

  Then, changing some features like TSO/GSO via ethtool will forcibly
  enable FD_SB without any vectors available, and this way we get
  errors. If we unload the i40e (using "modprobe -r") after these
  errors, we end up crashing the system.

  There is an upstream patch that address exactly this issue. We want to
  request Canonical to merge it on Ubuntu 16.04.1 kernel if possible.

  The patch is: a70e407f6d ("i40e: Fix errors resulted while turning off
  TSO")

[https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=a70e407f6d0b0f63b17d468f78b666d33f264ba1]

  Thanks in advance,

  Guilherme