Dear 252094,

We are looking for employees working remotely.

My name is Myra, I am the personnel manager of a large International company.
Most of the work you can do from home, that is, at a distance.

Salary is $2500-$5600.

If you are interested in this offer, please visit
Our Site

Good day!

  MASTER: Poor graphics performance on Intel

Status in xf86-video-intel:
  Won't Fix
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Karmic:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-intel source package in Karmic:

  I experience significant performance loss with ubuntu 8.10 alpha 3 with my
Intel DG965WH based system and SVDO/ADD2 video card. Actually, the performance
loss started with ubuntu 8.04.1; I upgraded to see if there was any performance
gain with the new version. While "glxgears" produced values between 1580 fps
and 1496 fps with ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10, respectively, now I can only achieve
something like 445 fps with ubuntu 8.10 alpha 3. I get an error message when
starting glxgears that "TTM" was not available and classic mode would be used.
Similary, the flight simulator "flightgear" achieves frames rates of 1-2 fps
only.
  My suspicion is that some of the hardware acceleration features of the X3000
system are not being used, and I don't know how to activate them with the new
xorg.conf structure and the underlying automatic configuration approach.
  I would like to see the graphics performance go back to the values achieved
in ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10.
  Your help / comment is greatly appreciated.
  Bingo

  [Update]
  Intel upstream has been in a multi-year effort to rearchitect X and the Intel
2D and 3D driver to provide better performance.  While this work is underway,
people are seeing variations in performance levels from version to version, for
a variety of reasons.  There are probably multiple unrelated bugs being
reported in the comments here.

  It is important to note and remember that glxgears is *not* a
  benchmark tool.  It simply measures how fast the driver writes images
  to the screen, whereas most 3D applications are limited by render
  speed, not merely blit speed.  Instead use a 3D game (flightgear,
  tremulous, etc.) that has a real rendering workload to make
  comparisons.

  If you're definitely seeing performance problems and are able to
  narrow it to a specific cause, please do not comment onto this bug
  report - it's too lengthy and rambling already, and your issue will
  just be lost in the noise.  Instead, make a new report and please be
  as specific as possible with exact steps to reproduce and as much
  detail and logs as you can.  See http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Reporting
  for tips on making a good X bug report.

  A troubleshooting guide, with additional background about performance
  issues on Intel is available at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/IntelPerformance