ooooh !

look what i found !

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/28068/

  omapfb module floods system with udev events on samsung galaxy nexus

Status in Upstart:
  New
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “powerd” package in Ubuntu:

  Playing an mp4 on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus using today's image (3 Oct
  2013) for 30 minutes I observed that init is busy and also consuming
  heap quite rapidly.

  Attached is the output from running health-check (found in PPA:colin-
  king/white) on init pid 1114.

  Key points:

  1. messages being read/written at ~600 messages a second, hence the high
context switch rate and ~4.9% CPU load.
  2. heap consumption: ~30K a second using brk() and 2K a second via mmap

  To reproduce:

  Install health-check:

  sudo add-apt-repository ppa:colin-king/white
  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install health-check

  Download a large mp4 to the phone. Keep screen from blanking using:

  sudo powerd-cli display on bright &

  then play the mp4:

  dbus-launch mediaplayer-app test.mp4
  --desktop_file_hint=/usr/share/applications/mediaplayer-app.desktop
  --stage_hint=main_stage

  And then observe that init is busy for 300 seconds:

  ps -e | grep init
      1 ?        00:02:56 init
    348 ?        00:00:00 init
   1114 ?        00:03:22 init

  sudo health-check -p 1114 -d 300

  Attached are my results for a 30 minute run.