apport information

** Attachment added: "WifiSyslog.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1649039/+attachment/4790166/+files/WifiSyslog.txt

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  USB 3.1 controller does weird magic: appears after Windows 10,
  disappears otherwise

  I have motherboard GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with 2 USB Type-C (USB
  3.1/Thunderbolt 3) ports, BIOS version F20b.

  Both ports are "sleeping" on cold start - I can't boot from USB device
  plugged into any and both of these 2 USB Type-C ports. Ubuntu 17.04 as
  of December 11 doesn't see anything (no messages in dmesg).

  But magically situation changes when involve Windows 10 to the party.
  I boot into Windows PE based on Windows 10 and it happily see flash
  drive and my Nexus 6P connected to both ports.

  After this without unplugging mentioned devices I reboot into Ubuntu
  and "magic" - both flash drive and Nexus 6P work fine through these 2
  USB Type-C ports. Even though it works in Ubuntu, BIOS still doesn't
  see anything.

  nazar-pc  ~  lspci -d ::0c03 -k

  00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI
Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI
Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
  0b:00.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation DSL6540 USB 3.1 Controller [Alpine
Ridge]
        Subsystem: Device 2222:1111
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

  But things are even more interesting: when I unplug either Nexus 6P or
  flash drive and then plug back - they still work fine! But as soon as
  I unplug both of them - Ubuntu doesn't see anything and doesn't post
  anything into dmesg until I boot into Windows 10 again. Interestingly,
  USB 3.1 controller disappears:

  nazar-pc  ~  lspci -d ::0c03 -k

  00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI
Controller (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI
Controller
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

  nazar-pc  ~   cat /proc/version_signature

  Ubuntu 4.9.0-10.11-lowlatency 4.9.0-rc8
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  nazar-pc   3227 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  nazar-pc   3227 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Custom
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.04
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  IwConfig: Error: [Errno 2] Немає такого файла або каталогу
  MachineType: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z170X-UD5 TH
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 EFI VGA
  ProcKernelCmdLine: root=UUID=5170aca4-061a-4c6c-ab00-bd7fc8ae6030 ro
rootflags=subvol=root nosplash intel_pstate=disable
initrd=/efi/ubuntu_efi_stub/initrd.img
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.9.0-10.11-lowlatency 4.9.0-rc8
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.9.0-10-lowlatency N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.9.0-10-lowlatency  N/A
   linux-firmware                               1.162
  RfKill: Error: [Errno 2] Немає такого файла або каталогу
  Tags:  zesty
  Uname: Linux 4.9.0-10-lowlatency x86_64
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip docker lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo vboxusers
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 11/07/2016
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F20b
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: Z170X-UD5 TH-CF
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrF20b:bd11/07/2016:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnZ170X-UD5TH:pvrDefaultstring:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnZ170X-UD5TH-CF:rvrx.x:cvnDefaultstring:ct3:cvrDefaultstring:
  dmi.product.name: Z170X-UD5 TH
  dmi.product.version: Default string
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.