** Changed in: bcmwl (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: bcmwl (Ubuntu Trusty)

Packages, which is subscribed to bcmwl in Ubuntu.

  The Debian control file's "modaliases" is too generic

Status in bcmwl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in bcmwl source package in Trusty:

  Software-properties-gtk offers wl as the driver for all Broadcom wifi
  cards, regardless of whether they are supported or not.  This is due
  to the modaliases field used by the bcmwl-kernel-source package.

  Although in reality I know very little about such things, I'll attach
  a proposed debian/bcmwl-kernel-source.modaliases file based on the
  info here:
  http://www.broadcom.com/docs/linux_sta/README_6.30.223.248.txt

  Users are going through needless painful procedures to get the correct
  working driver.