[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Resume from suspend causes reboot, except if USB key is plugged in

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have been struggling to find out how to get my Dell M3800 laptop using
Ubuntu 16.04 to resume from suspend. It goes into suspend with no errors in
/var/log/pm-suspend.log. But when resuming, it immediately reboots, with no
errors in /var/log/pm-suspend either.
  Suspend/resume works out of the box when using a Ubuntu 16.04 live CD, but
not when using the fresh installed 16.04 afterwards.

  WORKAROUND:
  1) Resume works perfectly when any USB key is plugged in.
  2) Enable "USB Wake support" in the BIOS.