------- Comment From gpicc...@br.ibm.com 2016-12-13 15:01 EDT-------
> kvm_hv and kvm_pr do not appear to be module names in the 4.8 kernel, nor
> were they included in the Bug Description list.

You're right, we didn't include them at first sight - I'm sorry, my bad.
But they are modules - found them on /lib/modules, in 4.8.0-30 kernel directory:

# find . | grep kvm
./kernel/arch/powerpc/kvm
./kernel/arch/powerpc/kvm/kvm.ko
./kernel/arch/powerpc/kvm/kvm-pr.ko
./kernel/arch/powerpc/kvm/kvm-hv.ko

Will post a 2nd round of modules to be included in main kernel package
soon - guess this should be kept verification-need until them, if
possible, or some other more accurate state.

Thanks,

Guilherme

------- Comment From gpicc...@br.ibm.com 2016-12-13 15:04 EDT-------
Ohh...now I see. I said "kvm_{pr, hv}" whereas the correct is kvm-{pr, hv}.
Apologies!

  Move some kernel modules to the main kernel package

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  == Comment: #0 - Breno Henrique Leitao <bren...@br.ibm.com> - 2016-10-20
08:51:24 ==
  Hello Canonical,

  There are important kernel modules that are required on POWER systems,
  and they are currently on the linux-image-extra packages.

  So, in this case, every Power system needs to install the -extra
  package, which makes the -extra package required.

  My suggestion is to add these important modules to the main archive,
  so, we do not require the installation of the -extra package.

  We are working on the full list of packages, but I would like to
  anticipate these modules:

  01. lpfc
  02. qla2xxx
  03. be2net
  04. bnx2x
  05. i40e
  06. igb
  07. ixgbe
  08. cxl
  09. cxlflash
  10. jsm
  11. ohci-platform
  12. xhci
  13. aacraid
  14. ipr
  15. megaraid_sas
  16. mpt3sas
  17. powernv-rng
  18. ipmi_powernv
  19. leds-powernv
  20. ibmpowernv
  21. opal-prd
  22. powernv_flash
  23. nx-compress-powernv
  24. vfio (all modules:  vfio.ko, vfio-pci.ko, vfio_iommu_spapr_tce.ko,
vfio_virqfd.ko, vfio_spapr_eeh.ko)

  *Notice*
  The driver "qlge" is presented in the preliminary list but it's not necessary.

  Thanks in advance,