This bug is awaiting verification that the kernel in -proposed solves
the problem. Please test the kernel and update this bug with the
results. If the problem is solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-
yakkety' to 'verification-done-yakkety'. If the problem still exists,
change the tag 'verification-needed-yakkety' to 'verification-failed-
yakkety'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: verification-needed-yakkety

  cdc_ether fills kernel log

Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  On my Lenovo X1 4th gen with a dock attached:

  [ 1764.086306] cdc_ether 2-4.1.3:2.0 enx0050b6d331fe: kevent 11 may have been
dropped
  [ 1764.150317] cdc_ether 2-4.1.3:2.0 enx0050b6d331fe: kevent 11 may have been
dropped

  The USB Ethernet device would warn occasionally under the 4.4 kernel. Under
the 4.8 kernel, it spams my kernel log so much that I don't get anything else.

  $ uname -a
  Linux aurora 4.8.0-11-generic #12-Ubuntu SMP Sat Sep 17 20:00:03 UTC 2016
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  joel@aurora ~
  $ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.