Actually invalid matches the case better, so I chose that.

  KVM module handling different per Architecture - s390x

  Hi,
  the Intel KVM module is build as a module, yet OTOH the s390 one is not.
  I asked around and we discussed, quoting the core of the discussion that I'd
like to be continued here:

  <xnox> cpaelzer, we want kvm to be available. on x86 there are two modules
depending on ones cpu features (amd vs intel vs whatever). thus cannot be
compiled in, as either/or are loaded.
  <xnox> infinity, the problem on s390x was that unlike on x86 nothing would
autoload the module
  <infinity> xnox: That sounds like a bug to take back to IBM and say "plz fix".
  <xnox> and it was counter intuitive for millenials like me to do $ sudo
modprobe kvm; to get libvirt+qemu working
  [...]
  <cpaelzer> the place to autoload would be /usr/share/qemu/init/qemu-kvm-init
that is where the others do it
  <infinity> cpaelzer: Yeah, that's a gross hack because there's no proper
autoloading.
  <cpaelzer> true
  <infinity> cpaelzer: Since that init job only exists if you install qemu,
modular everywhere would save a tiny bit of boot time on pure guests.  So maybe
it's worth evaluating
  [...]
  <infinity> But I'm all for kernel configs being as normalized as possible
across arches.

  I'm not saying we "should" change anything, but since I wondered about that
arch difference more people will do so as well.
  So we should consciously evaluate, do we want to:
  1. keep it built-in as it is now
  2. change it to a module and rely on qemu-kvm to load it
  3. change it to a module and let IBM upstream do autoload where it is
supported