** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Yakkety)

  Ubuntu 16.10 KVM SRIOV: if enable sriov while ping flood is running
  ping will stop working

Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  ---Problem Description---
  If I enable SRIOV in a Mellanox CX4 card while a PF interface is doing
something like a ping flood. The PF interface will stop pinging.
  We found a small window were MMIO are bein g disabled during pci_enable_sriov
is called.

  ---uname output---
  4.4.0-30-generic

  ---Additional Hardware Info---
  It needs a Mellanox CX4 SRIOV capable to recreate this issue

  Machine Type = P8

  ---Steps to Reproduce---
   just configure the IP address of PF interface and start like a ping flood to
that interface.
  then do this echo to enable SRIOV on the PF.
  echo 8 > /sys/class/net/enP1p1s0f0/device/sriov_numvfs
  Then you will notice the ping flood will stop.

  A patch that will fix this issue was sent for review:
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/671517/