Will there be a fix for Xenial too?

  AMDGPU support for CIK parts in kernel config?

Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  Hi, I am "nauticalnexus", I'd like to ask for AMDGPU support for
  CIK(Sea Islands, 390, 290, 290x, 390x, etc) cards in the standard and
  lowlatency linux kernel. There is no reason for it to be disabled.
  I've been using it for a long time on various different distributions
  and kernels and I've had no issues with it. I'd love to see it in the
  Ubuntu Linux kernel :) Thanks!

  P.S: I was told to create a bug report for this, I originally asked
  this as a question.