[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Detected a hung GPU, disabling acceleration.

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Kubuntu 13.04
  Thinkpad T520
  Bios: automatic (i.e. detect support for descrete graphics, though does not
seem to detect anything)

  $uname -a
  Linux fk1304 3.8.0-27-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 9 00:17:05 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Screen will regularly (typically 1-3 times a day) freeze for a few
  moments, then the acceleration is disabled.

  I have seen this happen in different situations:
  When switching between folders in dolphin
  When scrolling in FF
  When switching between desktops (I use kwin set up with a 9 desktops grid, no
Compiz)
  When running a java app and a vmware virtual machine

  I have not found a certain way to make this happen, though it seems to
  be related to spikes of heavy activity.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+1ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.8.0-27.40-generic 3.8.13.4
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-27-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.9.2-0ubuntu8.3
  Architecture: amd64