Public bug reported:

Switching from ubuntu 14.04 to ubuntu 16.04 I am having trouble using
nvidia discrete graphics adapter when trying to switch b/w intel GPU and
Nvidia GPU. When I switched back from ubuntu 16.04 to 14.04 and tried to
upgrade the kernel from 3.19.0-80 to kernel versions 4.4.0-21 until
4.4.0-64 the graphics driver starts to malfunction and can't switch b/w
the GPUs, while it works fine with kernel versions 3.19.0-x.  Please
look into the problem, and thanks in advance for your help.

** Affects: linux-lts-vivid (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-lts-vivid in Ubuntu.

  Kernel versions 4.4.0-21 to 4.4.0-64 don't work with nvidia discrete
  graphics adapter

Status in linux-lts-vivid package in Ubuntu: