** Summary changed:

- Allow Unity8 to run inside Virtualbox
+ Allow Mir/Unity8 to run inside Virtualbox

** Description changed:

+ (See duplicate bug 1639745 for more history)
+
  Vboxvideo lacks PRIME support. A patch has been sent upstream.

  https://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/2017-March/014293.html

  It may take some time until that hits the repository. I attached a patch
  I tested on zesty and allows unity8 to run virtualbox.

** Also affects: mir

** Changed in: mir

** Branch linked: lp:~vanvugt/mir/nonprime-server-support

** Changed in: mir
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt)

** Changed in: mir

** Tags added: black-screen vm

  Allow Mir/Unity8 to run inside Virtualbox

Status in Mir:
  Won't Fix
Status in virtualbox package in Ubuntu: