Public bug reported:

After updating the kernel inside the virtual machine to the version
4.4.0-67-generic, at the next boot the vm will stuck in a black screen at every
try. An hard reset is required.
The only workaround is to set the default in grub to the previous version.
The virtual machine hardware is a Gen2.
We are experiencing this issue on all our vps with the same kernel (around
300-400 vms).

  Kernel linux-image-4.4.0-67-generic prevent the boot on Microsoft
  Hyper-v 2012r2 Gen2 VM