> It's not unrelated. That is the actusl phy on the SDP.

and the same for REPs? our target cert platform?

--
============================
Manoj Iyer

  [Zesty] rename msm_emac to qcom_emac

  We landed a patch to support msm_emac module in initrd for amberwing
platforms. But the upstream driver has since been renamed to qcom_emac. This
module is needed in d-i's initrd so that these nics can be used to d-i install
the system. The driver already exists in the zesty kernel under
drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/emac/

  Revert commit 14893d91c9c391f8a4c2668b96ffe60aa728ad23 and add
  qcom_emac to initrd, and change the module name to qcom_emac.

  [Test Case]
  D-I install zesty on amberwing platform and notice that DI does not recognize
the onboard two port nic.

  [Regression Potential]
  At present this driver applies only to amberwing systems, any regression will
be isolated to amberwing platforms. The over all risk of regression is low.