There's nothing missing, all necessary information is there.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  "btrfs send" returns "Inappropriate ioctl for device"

  It seems I discovered another "Inappropriate ioctl for device" bug
  when running an amd64 kernel on an i386 system (the first one was bug
  1619918).  My system is trusty, but I assume later versions and even
  upstream are affected.

  Steps to reproduce:
  - run an amd64 kernel via multi-arch on an i386 system
  - Try to "btrfs send" or "btrfs receive" a subvolume

  Result:
  $ sudo btrfs send /mnt/LTS/snapshots/home-daily-2017-03-16/ -f
/tmp/home-daily-2017-03-16.btrfs
  At subvol /mnt/LTS/snapshots/home-daily-2017-03-16/
  ERROR: send ioctl failed with -25: Inappropriate ioctl for device

  This occurs with 3.13.0-96-generic as well as 3.13.0-114-generic
  (which fixes bug 1619918).