apport information

** Attachment added: "PulseList.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1680502/+attachment/4860537/+files/PulseList.txt

  Hang after upgrade to 16.04

  Last week I upgraded from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS and then immediately
  to 16.04 LTS.

  12.04 was not entirely stable; something was crashing regularly, and
  the Ubuntu tools make it hard for a user to determine what. The
  upgrade went moderately well; I now get error messages during system
  startup (about an unnamed file not being found) and a couple of other
  bits of flakiness, but I counted it as a success and the system as
  functional.

  This morning I tried to wake up my screen, and nothing much happened.
  I then attempted to ssh to the ubuntu box from another system. This
  requested my password almost instantly, as normal - but then nothing
  else happened, and the connection eventually dropped.

  I conclude that IP and TCP are functional, and it's possible for some
  processes to respond, but not many. So it's not a complete kernel
  hang. (In particular, I'm seeing evidence that it's getting beyond
  things done at interrupt level.)

  I don't have any debugging aids installed, so I don't believe I can
  get a kernel crash dump, which is what I'd want if I were debugging
  this. I *can* potentially retrieve and attach logs, but you'll have to
  tell me which ones are relevant, and do so before they rollover.
  (Also, logging will have to be functioning; IIRC, there were syslog
  issues in 12.04, and while I'd implemented whatever fix was
  reccommended at the time, I haven't looked at my logs since the
  upgrade.)

  This is a desk top system originally from System 76 - i.e. built for
  linux - that's also running a bunch of server software (postfix,
  apache, ...) I was not (knowingly) running anythign unusual at the
  time - probably Unity, a few shells, firefox, maybe guncash and/or
  emacs - and all the usual demons.

  IIRC, I was not at the very latest versions of all software installed
  - some new versions ahd come out since I upgraded, and I was going to
  deal with installing them on the weekend.

  I'm going to hard reboot the system now. I can then gather identifying info.
If I have time this AM before work, I'll check for standard things you want in
all bugs, and add them. (Right now I'm posting from my Mac laptop ;-))
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.5
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  arlie      2507 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  arlie      2507 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=e206b01d-6cec-4b56-b469-25b106536f09
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  MachineType: System76, Inc. Wild Dog Performance
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB:

  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-72-generic
root=UUID=96551326-e461-4071-ab9c-0e81ad7015d7 ro quiet splash
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-72-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-72-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.157.8
  RfKill:
   0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no
  Tags:  xenial
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-72-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2017-03-31 (11 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 02/24/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: Intel Corp.
  dmi.bios.version: KCH7710H.86A.0069.2012.0224.1825
  dmi.board.name: DH77KC
  dmi.board.vendor: Intel Corporation
  dmi.board.version: AAG39641-400
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: System76, Inc.
  dmi.chassis.version: WilP9
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnIntelCorp.:bvrKCH7710H.86A.0069.2012.0224.1825:bd02/24/2012:svnSystem76,Inc.:pnWildDogPerformance:pvrwilp9:rvnIntelCorporation:rnDH77KC:rvrAAG39641-400:cvnSystem76,Inc.:ct3:cvrWilP9:
  dmi.product.name: Wild Dog Performance
  dmi.product.version: wilp9
  dmi.sys.vendor: System76, Inc.