Hi Jens, we usually try to keep dmidecode without Delta to Debian.
For the SRUs Delta is fine and as I said if no one helps I can try to assist
here.
If you want to volunteer there is also the USBSD [1] where new people are
guided to help themselfe and the community.

For the current release it would be great if Debian would pick that up
and we coudl sync into Artful. Would you mind opening a Debian bug about
moving to the current release (preferred) or at least picking this
patch? Afterwards link the bug info here - that would be great.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/BugSquashingDay

Packages, which is subscribed to dmidecode in Ubuntu.

  dmidecode should print diagnostic messages to stderr

Status in dmidecode package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Ubuntu version of dmidecode breaks several scripts because it prints
  diagnostics messages to stdout instead of stderr.

  E.g.: sudo /bin/ksh93
  # /usr/sbin/dmidecode -s baseboard-manufacturer 2>/dev/null
  Supermicro
  Invalid entry length (16). Fixed up to 11.

  The original version (https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/dmidecode.git)
however, works as expected:
  # /tmp/dmidecode -s baseboard-manufacturer 2>/dev/null
  Supermicro

  $ /usr/bin/lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu