No public reproduction documentation has been provided for this CVE
(that I can find).  However, I verified the change is in the
3.13.0-119.166 kernel source.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-trusty
** Tags added: verification-done-trusty

** Tags removed: sts-sru

  CVE-2016-8645: Linux kernel mishandles socket buffer (skb) truncation

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Trusty:

  From CVE description:
  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2016/CVE-2016-8645.html

  "The TCP stack in the Linux kernel before 4.8.10 mishandles skb truncation,
  which allows local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) via a
  crafted application that makes sendto system calls, related to
  net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c and net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c."

  [Test Case]
  See references in the CVE page.

  [Regression Potential]
  This modifies the code that handles all tcp packets, so it could cause
problems with network traffic, although unlikely since it's been applied
upstream and to various stable kernels (but not the 3.13.y stable branch).

  [Other Info]
  The patch appears to have been pulled into xenial through the 4.4.y stable
tree, but it doesn't appear that the patch will be applied to the 3.13.y stable
tree, so this bug is track manually adding the patch.