This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
>From a terminal window please run:

apport-collect 1695829

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  IP Subnet to internet routing fails 5x/day after latest 16.04 LTS
  updates

  Since updating Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS with all latest patches on 6/2, my
  subnet internet routing is failing 5x+/day for my Windows 10 machine.
  Unfortunately, Windows 10 is also a moving target, which also updated
  6/2, about when this problem started. Bug report also filed with MS.

  Why I think it's Ubuntu... When Windows 10 based web pages stop
  stops working, I can get everything working like new again by typing
  "firehol start", which refreshes iptables entries.  So I suspect the
  issue might be related to either the Linux kernel or iptables.

  I also see another bug dated 2-Jun-2017 for IP subnet routing, but
  that one is running on an ARM processor.  Mine is AMD FX-8120, Ubuntu
  16.04.2 LTS x64. The reported problem sounds similar.

  I performed an IP Tables dump during "operating" and "not routing"
  states.  I can't see any difference between the two dumps, but running
  firehol start clears the problem.

  While in the "problem state", my Ubuntu server does have internet
  connectivity.  i.e. Loading web pages on Firefox on the Server/router
  does work.  On the "routed" Windows 10 machine, what doesn't work are;
  ping (internet), Firefox (internet), Thunderbird (internet)...  From
  the Windows 10 machine what does work are; ping (server), Firefox
  (server apache web pages), Thunderbird (server imaps accounts).  So
  the Windows 10 machine still has full server access over gigabit
  ethernet, but can't see any internet based services, where IP routing
  is required to succeed.  "firehol start" restores routing until for a
  brief time when the Windows machine is busy accessing the internet.
  Routing stayed up all night when there was no Windows 10 internet
  routing activity.  Resuming activity in the morning caused a quick
  routing failure.