apport information

** Tags added: apport-collected xenial

** Description changed:

  Since updating Ubuntu 16.04.02 LTS with all latest patches on 6/2, my
  subnet internet routing is failing 5x+/day for my Windows 10 machine.
  Unfortunately, Windows 10 is also a moving target, which also updated
  6/2, about when this problem started. Bug report also filed with MS.

  Why I think it's Ubuntu... When Windows 10 based web pages stop loading,
  email stops transmitting, and internet-based CAD licensing stops
  working, I can get everything working like new again by typing "firehol
  start", which refreshes iptables entries.  So I suspect the issue might
  be related to either the Linux kernel or iptables.

  I also see another bug dated 2-Jun-2017 for IP subnet routing, but that
  one is running on an ARM processor.  Mine is AMD FX-8120, Ubuntu 16.04.2
  LTS x64. The reported problem sounds similar.

  I performed an IP Tables dump during "operating" and "not routing"
  states.  I can't see any difference between the two dumps, but running
  firehol start clears the problem.

- While in the "problem state", my Ubuntu server does have internet
- connectivity.  i.e. Loading web pages on Firefox on the Server/router
- does work.  On the "routed" Windows 10 machine, what doesn't work are;
- ping (internet), Firefox (internet), Thunderbird (internet)...  From the
- Windows 10 machine what does work are; ping (server), Firefox (server
- apache web pages), Thunderbird (server imaps accounts).  So the Windows
- 10 machine still has full server access over gigabit ethernet, but can't
- see any internet based services, where IP routing is required to
- succeed.  "firehol start" restores routing until for a brief time when
- the Windows machine is busy accessing the internet.  Routing stayed up
- all night when there was no Windows 10 internet routing activity.
- Resuming activity in the morning caused a quick routing failure.
+ While in the "problem state", my Ubuntu server does have internet
connectivity.  i.e. Loading web pages on Firefox on the Server/router does
work.  On the "routed" Windows 10 machine, what doesn't work are; ping
(internet), Firefox (internet), Thunderbird (internet)...  From the Windows 10
machine what does work are; ping (server), Firefox (server apache web pages),
Thunderbird (server imaps accounts).  So the Windows 10 machine still has full
server access over gigabit ethernet, but can't see any internet based services,
where IP routing is required to succeed.  "firehol start" restores routing
until for a brief time when the Windows machine is busy accessing the internet.
 Routing stayed up all night when there was no Windows 10 internet routing
activity.  Resuming activity in the morning caused a quick routing failure.
+ ---
+ ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.6
+ Architecture: amd64
+ AudioDevicesInUse:
+  USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
+  /dev/snd/controlC1:  craig      7726 F.... pulseaudio
+  /dev/snd/controlC0:  craig      7726 F.... pulseaudio
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
+ HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=5967ff24-0a8c-4a29-bd33-408fc996d7a5
+ InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-06-13 (357 days ago)
+ InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.3)
+ MachineType: To be filled by O.E.M. To be filled by O.E.M.
+ Package: linux (not installed)
+ ProcEnviron:
+  LANGUAGE=en_US
+  TERM=xterm-256color
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcFB: 0 nouveaufb
+ ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-78-generic
root=UUID=5764c9d8-e512-48d9-8496-58db180684ac ro
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-78.99-generic 4.4.62
+ PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
+ RelatedPackageVersions:
+  linux-restricted-modules-4.4.0-78-generic N/A
+  linux-backports-modules-4.4.0-78-generic  N/A
+  linux-firmware                            1.157.10
+ RfKill:
+
+ Tags:  xenial
+ Uname: Linux 4.4.0-78-generic x86_64
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ UserGroups:
+
+ _MarkForUpload: True
+ dmi.bios.date: 11/24/2011
+ dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
+ dmi.bios.version: 0901
+ dmi.board.asset.tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
+ dmi.board.name: SABERTOOTH 990FX
+ dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
+ dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx
+ dmi.chassis.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.chassis.type: 3
+ dmi.chassis.vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.chassis.version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
+ dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr0901:bd11/24/2011:svnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pnTobefilledbyO.E.M.:pvrTobefilledbyO.E.M.:rvnASUSTeKCOMPUTERINC.:rnSABERTOOTH990FX:rvrRev1.xx:cvnToBeFilledByO.E.M.:ct3:cvrToBeFilledByO.E.M.:
+ dmi.product.name: To be filled by O.E.M.
+ dmi.product.version: To be filled by O.E.M.
+ dmi.sys.vendor: To be filled by O.E.M.

** Attachment added: "AlsaInfo.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1695829/+attachment/4889671/+files/AlsaInfo.txt

  IP Subnet to internet routing fails 5x/day after latest 16.04 LTS
  updates

[...]

  ---