I tested this fix and now it is fixed on the proposed kernel. I used the
htm torture tool:

https://github.com/leitao/htm_torture/tree/master/narrow

** Tags removed: verification-needed-zesty
** Tags added: verification-done-zesty

  Hardware transaction memory corruption

Status in The Ubuntu-power-systems project:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Zesty:

  There is a bug on hardware transactional memory on Ubuntu 17.04 that
  is hard to reproduce but I was able to create a testcase that
  reproduces it easily:

  https://github.com/leitao/htm_torture/tree/master/narrow

  The fix for this problem was already accepted in the kernel

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git/commit/?id=f48e91e87e67b56bef63393d1a02c6