Tried it with kernel 4.12-rc7 and iwlwifi-8000C-31.ucode. This
combination seems to stop the problems.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-firmware in Ubuntu.

  Internet connection dies while WIFI is still connected

Status in linux-firmware package in Ubuntu:

  Hello.

  Experiencing the following problem:

  My connection to the internet dies randomly. Usually if I max out my
  connection speed but also when just plain serving. Happens not within
  a specific time frame.

  While the wifi is still connected I cannot ping/connect to internet-
  servers anymore. Other devices connected to the router do not have
  this problem, so it seems to be an ubuntu-specific problem.

  Configuration:
  Ubuntu Zesty 64bit
  Linux ubuntu-201604 4.10.0-21-generic
  Card-2: Intel Wireless 8260 driver: iwlwifi, IF: wlp1s0
  Linux-firmware 1.164.1.

  Cannot remember if the problem occured with Ubuntu 16.10...