On 07/05/2017 08:14 PM, Daniel Axtens wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> Do you know what the changes between the ga-16.04 and hwe-16.04 kernel
> are that make apparmor+overlayfs work?

No, we're not currently aware of any code changes that would cause the
behavioral change that is reported in the bug. Now that we have the
specific kernel version of the HWE kernel, John Johansen can look into
possible causes for the change.

  NTP reload failure (unable to read library) on overlayfs

Status in cloud-init:
  Incomplete
Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:

  After update [1] of cloud-init in Ubuntu (which landed in xenial-
  updates on 2017-06-27), it is causing NTP reload failures.

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cloud-init/0.7.9-153-g16a7302f-
  0ubuntu1~16.04.1

  In MAAS scenarios, this is causing the machine to fail to deploy.