I guess it's pretty similar to LP: #1697556. Try blacklisting nouveau.

  4.10.0-22 No longer suspends on Dell XPS 9560

  I have to roll back to -21 to be able to suspend.

  Linux XPS 4.10.0-21-lowlatency #23~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Tue May
  2 14:25:44 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  With -22, it doesn't suspend, and has lots of trouble with it.

  I expect to be able to suspend when I close the laptop lid, or when I
  go to suspend from the power menu. Instead the OS acts like it
  suspends, but the laptop doesn't power down anything. The display
  remains on, the fans continue to spin. It acts like it has, because it
  takes a bit for the keyboard to respond, and the mouse to move again,
  and the wifi was disconnected. It's just that the hardware doesn't
  power down at all.