Public bug reported:

this is probably a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1683277, but I was
asked to file a new bug.

The mute button on my laptop has a led that changes the color based on
the status of the audio-master channel. At least it should.

There is a slider for the LED in alsamixer but it doesn't change
anything.

Are there any tests I should run?

cat /proc/version_signature > Ubuntu 4.10.0-28.32-generic 4.10.17

** Attachment added: "lspci-vnvn.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1705586/+attachment/4918479/+files/lspci-vnvn.log

** Description changed:

  this is probably a duplicate of
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1683277, but I was
  asked to file a new bug.

- The mute button on my laptop has a led, that changes the color based on
+ The mute button on my laptop has a led that changes the color based on
  the status of the audio-master channel. At least it should.

  There is a slider for the LED in alsamixer but it doesn't change
  anything.

  Are there any tests I should run?

-
  cat /proc/version_signature > Ubuntu 4.10.0-28.32-generic 4.10.17

  Mute key LED does not work on HP ProBook 440